Welcome to Data Talks Club
Follow Data Talks Club now
Get new content about data driven business delivered directly to your inbox.
- The Ultimate Collection: ROI of MDM / PIMChoosing a solution or platform has to deliver business outcomes. During almost 20 years in the master data management market, two questions which are key to the customers I worked with: What is the ROI of MDM/PIM? How do I build the business case? The ambition of my blog is to create an ultimate source … Continue reading The Ultimate Collection: ROI of MDM / PIM
- This may shock every CEO: Is Control of Data (just) an Illusion?Ted Friedman, VP Research at Gartner, shared an interesting view on data in a recent Linkedin post: “One of the common challenges we observe with data management strategy and execution is a desire to get all data “under control”. Reality is that in the modern digital business environment, and particularly amid current business conditions, it’s just not possible … Continue reading This may shock every CEO: Is Control of Data (just) an Illusion?
- CDP vs MDM – 5 Crucial Differences to knowMDM stands for Master Data Management which creates a 360 view on customer, products and places and their relationships. After the confusion for what I need CRM vs. MDM, a new term has added confusion to data driven teams and marketing organisations. Compared to that the term Customer Data Platform (CDP) is fairly new. Kalyan … Continue reading CDP vs MDM – 5 Crucial Differences to know
- Is Data Sharing the Best Way to Speed Up Digital Transformation?Data is the new asset for companies, this is well understood. Data in the cloud is standard, says Kai my latest interview partner. Why should I share it with others? This is one of many questions I asked Kai Huener from CDQ St. Gallen. During the interview we looked at what “data fitness” is. We … Continue reading Is Data Sharing the Best Way to Speed Up Digital Transformation?
- How Conrad Transforms from Retail to Platform Business – Data Talk with CDO Ales DrabekConrad Electronic, is a flag ship brand in German retail, with a traditional heritage. Today retail & digital is different than ever before. The platform economy has changed how companies, employees, external business partners and technology collaborate. Everyone talks about Amazon, Apple and Shopify. I asked Ales Drabek, Chief Digital & Disruption Officer at Conrad, … Continue reading How Conrad Transforms from Retail to Platform Business – Data Talk with CDO Ales Drabek
- Stop Gambling in eCommerce: Nail Dynamic Shopping ExperienceHope is not a strategy. You hear this from all people who lead and drive sales success. For this episode I asked Florian Lüft from Apptus how to us execute dynamic shopping in the data driven business era. But he lectured about wind surfing and maths. Why this matters to you and your digital growth? … Continue reading Stop Gambling in eCommerce: Nail Dynamic Shopping Experience
- Can Aspirin Cure this Football & Beer Headache?As a football fan I follow Classic Football Shirts on Twitter. I truly like how they frequently promote new themes all the time to entertain their audience. This time they asked what jerseys you can think of with a beer sponsor. When you follow the link you land on the webshop page which shows a … Continue reading Can Aspirin Cure this Football & Beer Headache?
- How an algorithm recommends the best wine at Vinobox.nlAs a wine lover I asked Stephan Spijkers, the founder of http://www.vinobox.nl, how his algorithm recommends the right wine. In the inteview you will learn how is they connect over 1500 wines, with many attributes & criteria to customer reviews and ratings and how Vinobox creates smart offers to new things and make people buy … Continue reading How an algorithm recommends the best wine at Vinobox.nl
- Wie finde ich die passende PIM Lösung?Heute mal ein deutscher Post. Erfolgreicher eCommerce braucht perfekte Produktdaten. PIM (Product Information Management) ist die Grundlage und der Herz aller Produkte und mehr. Wie finde ich die passende PIM Lösung? Dazu habe ich Kersten Wirth von PIM Consult interviewt: Gibt es überhaupt eine Anbieter-neutrale PIM Auswahl? Was ist der Unterschied von PIM & PXM? … Continue reading Wie finde ich die passende PIM Lösung?
- How to Master ETIM with a PIM/MDM Solution?What is ETIM? How can ETIM impact search results and time to market? How do I get started to categorise my products, to select attributes and to enrich and evolve product data? How do deal with the different ETIM versions? What would be the downside, if any, of not working with ETIM standards? How to … Continue reading How to Master ETIM with a PIM/MDM Solution?
- Will Food eCommerce Now Become Mainstream?For Data Talk I asked Dr. Teo Pham, a known social media and consumer tech expert and influencer) if food eCommerce will become mainstream in Germany after the impact of COVID-19. We looked at eCommerce, payment, customer experience and chances for local retailers and more. Check our Zoom interview on youtube now and let us … Continue reading Will Food eCommerce Now Become Mainstream?
- Data Talks… so my little one understands. Today: RecommendationsWhat are recommendations? How do you use the (master) data about parties, places and things in order to make relevant offers, recommendations, cross- or up-selling based on a certain event? I used the setup of the previous video to explain recommendations based on master data. Watch the video now:
- Data Talks… so my little one can understand. Today: MDM.Still many business people ask what the term MDM means. So I thought I start a new series to explain it to my little one first. Today: What is MDM? Master data management (MDM) is the discipline of managing the data of parties, places and things and the relationships across them. The outcomes for businesses … Continue reading Data Talks… so my little one can understand. Today: MDM.
- Omnichannel Experience at Volkswagen & How good is Germany in OmnichannelI had the pleasure meeting Erik Meierhoff, Director at diconium, formerly known from Idealo and Rakuten and Top 10 eCommerce influencer in Germany. I asked him how advanced German companies are in providing omnichannel experience to their clients. I also wanted to know, how Volkswagen (VW) is aiming to establish a seamless omnichannel experience across … Continue reading Omnichannel Experience at Volkswagen & How good is Germany in Omnichannel
- How to select the right MDM/ PIM solution?There is a lot buzz out in the market and more than 150 software companies claim to offer some kind of MDM or PIM solutions. What is PIM? When do you need MDM? What solution fits my business? For this reason I interviewed Claus Hänle on his view. He is helping companies to find the … Continue reading How to select the right MDM/ PIM solution?
- How to Nail Social Commerce?I asked Marcel Hollerbach, CMO and founder of Productsup, what are the most important success factors for accelerating social commerce and B2B commerce in a complex and ever changing world. I find out that many things which apply to selling to on Instagram and co, also applies to the complex world of B2B commerce. Watch … Continue reading How to Nail Social Commerce?
- Can an eCommerce platforms solve my prouct information management issue?Growing eCommerce revenue is at the heart of every company. Can my eCommerce tool or platform help me manage my full product catalog? A question I heard often in my work. This article evaluates Product Information Management (PIM) capabilities of the leading Ecommerce platforms and highlights the key differences in capabilities keeping in mind the … Continue reading Can an eCommerce platforms solve my prouct information management issue?
- Amazon Entering the Netherlands – What it Means for Retailers & BrandsFor Data Talks I spoke to Nikki Eijpen, a marketplace expert and consultant at Wunderman Thompson Commerce, what the NL entry of Amazon means for retailers and brands. Further more, I asked him where are todays companies on the vision of consistent omnichannel customer experience? How to make Instagram commerce a success? Watch the interview … Continue reading Amazon Entering the Netherlands – What it Means for Retailers & Brands
- How to build the business case for MDM?This episode is about how to build the business case and measure the ROI of MDM and PIM or any data management platform. Many business people in E-commerce, IT and marketing still struggle to connect MDM to ROI and measurable outcomes. For this reasons I interviewed a seasoned consultant like Michael Rice to learn from … Continue reading How to build the business case for MDM?
- Instagram E-Commerce Checkout Feature & the Impact on your Data ManagementInstagram launched a brand new ecommerce checkout feature for more than 20 top brands – including Kylie Cosmetics, Nike, Uniqlo and Warbly Parker. The checkout button on Twitter was not a success story, but Instagram has true potential. Why? From my own experience I follow brands to get inspiration about shoes, watches or fashion styles. I … Continue reading Instagram E-Commerce Checkout Feature & the Impact on your Data Management
- MDM programs cost millions and never end. True or false?Are MDM programs are a waist of money? Even in the digital age where the most successfull companies of the world based the business on data, this question is discussed. I interviewed Michael Weiss, a senior business consultant in the PIM & MDM market. Watch our conversation. Hope it helps you to focus on the … Continue reading MDM programs cost millions and never end. True or false?
- Does CxO have to worry about technology?Data is the new currency. Yes, everybody agrees. But in order to make your business run successfully on data, what role does technology, platforms and apps plan to make it happen? What is needed to scale? What is needed to react to the market in an agile way. One more interview with a seasoned business … Continue reading Does CxO have to worry about technology?
- Why The Dream of AI is Illusion…Why The Dream of AI is Illusion….. when you do not have the data. Watch my presentation from a breakout room at AXCD 2019 in Berlin. During the conference about automating content for marketing & e-commerce I talked about the need for great (master) data as key factor for successful use of AI & ML. … Continue reading Why The Dream of AI is Illusion…
- Debunking Three Myths of The Gartner MDM Magic QuadrantAn analyst once compared the Magic Quadrant with sports. At a conference he said: “Being an analyst in the MQ is like being a referee in kids soccer. Before the game everybody wants to be your friend. By half time almost everybody hates you.” What he described was the relationship between analysts and software vendors … Continue reading Debunking Three Myths of The Gartner MDM Magic Quadrant
- What is the Difference? MDM vs. PIM vs. PXM?MDM. PIM. PXM. …. What are all these acronyms and why do they matter? I though it is time to write down my view on the terms used in the data management world. Especially when nowadays digital transformation or getting ready for the digital business era has taken the importance of (master) data to new … Continue reading What is the Difference? MDM vs. PIM vs. PXM?